‘Limited-time/Seasonal discounts‘ usually come with tags like Hurry up, Ends in two days, Last chance, Until stock lasts, and so on to grab the customers’ attention and creates a sense of urgency.
Using the Smart Coupon for the WooCommerce plugin, you can set a definite start time and an expiration date for coupons, so that they behave like ‘Seasonal discounts’.
Setup ‘Seasonal discount offer’
Let us see how an EOS (End of season sale) with a flat 50% discount storewide + free shipping from 25th December to 25th March can be implemented using smart coupon:
- Firstly, install and activate the plugin, navigate to Smart Coupon > Coupons from your WordPress dashboard.
- From the coupon window which opens up, click on Add coupon to create a new coupon.
- The Add Coupon panel opens up.
- From the Discount type drop-down, select the percentage discount and mark the discount value as 50 as we have to offer a flat50% coupon.
- Next, tick the Allow free shipping checkbox to enable free shipping for all orders during the selected period.
- Now select the Coupon start date and the expiry date of the coupon from the date chooser.
- Optionally, you can make the coupon apply automatically by selecting the Apply coupon automatically checkbox.
- You can control the visibility of your coupon in My Account, Cart, and Checkout by selecting respective options from respective field.
To set the expiry days in days, tick the checkbox Enter in days.
You will get the option the enter the number of days until which the coupon will get expired. Then, publish the coupon. The buyer can simply use the coupon code EOSS50 and redeem the coupon during the specified time period.