Coupons are always considered to be a sale booster which promotes revenue to the next level. You can associate coupons with specific products such that the customer will be entitled to receive these coupons as gifts upon purchase of those products. The extended coupon plugin gives provisions to gift coupons upon product purchase. They can either redeem the coupon on a later purchase as the case may be depending on the nature of the gifted coupon or gift it to another user during checkout.
A coupon can be linked with a product in the following manner:
- Navigate to Products from the WordPress Dashboard.
- Add a new product or edit an existing one.
- Select Coupons under the General tab.
- Enter the name of a coupon you want your customer to receive along with this product.
- Select the coupon from the suggestions displayed.
- You can enter as many coupons as you need.
- Configure all other details for the product if not done already.
- Update or Publish to save the changes.
On moving a product linked with coupon(s) into the cart, the customer can view the embedded coupon information as shown below:
The customer will be prompted to choose whether to gift the coupon to a friend or send it to his own mail for redeeming in next purchase from the checkout page as shown below:
To know more about how different coupons are created, refer How to Setup Smart Coupons for Woocommerce