The extended coupon plugin gives provisions to gift coupons upon product purchase. They can either redeem the coupon on a later purchase as the case may be depending on the nature of the gifted coupon or gift it to another user during checkout.
Associate a product with coupon
Steps to associate coupons with a product is as follows:
- Navigate to Products from the WordPress Dashboard.
- Add a new product or edit an existing one.
- Select Coupons under the General tab. Note: Coupons with desired criteria must be defined prior in your store.
- Type the name of a coupon or coupon code you want your customer to receive along with this product.
- Select the coupons from the suggestions displayed.
- You can enter multiple coupons as you need.
- Configure all other details for the product if not done already.
- Update or Publish to save the changes.
Product view with coupon details
On moving a product linked with coupon(s) into the cart, the customer can view the embedded coupon information as shown below:
Email coupon on purchase
The customer can then choose whether to gift the coupon to a friend or send it to his own mail for redeeming in next purchase from the checkout page as shown below: