Smart Coupon for WooCommerce is an add-on plugin, tailor-made to meet varied coupon specific functionalities. The additional functionalities like issuing a Coupon with various Checkout options, Giveaway products, Bulk generation, and Import are conveniently integrated with the standard WooCommerce Coupon panel.
After purchasing the Smart Coupon Plugin For WooCommerce, the plugin will be available as a zip file in the API Downloads section of your My Account page.
- Download the zip file from API Downloads by logging into your Webtoffee MY ACCOUNTS page.
- Log in as the WordPress Admin of your online store.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New to upload the downloaded plugin.
- Choose the plugin file to upload.
- Finally, activate the plugin.
For detailed information about installing WebToffee plugins, read How to Download, Install, Activate & Update WooCommerce Plugin.
Getting Started with the Plugin
Once the activation is successful, you can then navigate to WooCommerce > Coupon from WordPress dashboard.
Smart Coupon offers following features under the WooCommerce > Coupons menu:
- Additional options under Coupon data
- Bulk Generate
- Import Coupons
The coupon tab consists of two sections as Add new coupon and associated Coupon data.
Create a new coupon by selecting Add Coupon. Or hover over an existing coupon for an Edit.
In order to create a new coupon, enter the following fields:
- Coupon code – Code used by the customer to apply the coupon. Must be unique as it’s used as an identifier.
- Description (optional) — Info about the coupon, e.g., Dates in effect, promotion, compensation, ticket number. Used for internal use.
Alternatively, the plugin allows you to Duplicate an existing coupon which will clone an exact copy of the chosen coupon. You may then edit only the necessary sections that need to be changed.
Under Coupon Data, you will find the following sections: General, Usage Restriction, Usage Limits, Checkout Options, and Giveaway Products.
- Discount type – Select from the various discount types in the drop-down.
- Coupon amount – Fixed value or percentage, depending on the discount type you choose. Entered without a currency unit or a percent sign, e.g., Enter ’10’ for £10 or 10%.
- Allow free shipping – Removes shipping cost when a coupon is used. Requires Free Shipping to be enabled.
- Coupon expiry date – Set an expiry date for the coupon.
- Show in MyAccount – If enabled will list the available, used and expired coupons under the users MyAccount page.
- Minimum spend – Allows you to set the minimum subtotal needed to use the coupon. Note: The sum of the cart subtotal + tax is used to determine the minimum amount.
- Maximum spend – Allows you to set the maximum subtotal allowed when using the coupon.
- Individual use only –Check this box if the coupon cannot be used in conjunction with other coupons.
- Exclude sale items –Check this box if the coupon should not apply to items on sale. Per-item coupons will only work if the item is not on sale. Per-cart coupons will only work if there are items in the cart that are not on sale.
- Product Condition – By default Coupon will be applicable only if any of the products from the selected list is available in the cart; all option requires that the cart contains all of the selected products.
- Products – Products that the coupon will be applied to, or that need to be in the cart in order for the “Fixed cart discount” to be applied.
- Exclude products – Products that the coupon will not be applied to, or that cannot be in the cart in order for the “Fixed cart discount” to be applied.
- Category Condition – Coupon will be applicable only if any of the categories from the below is available In the cart; all option requires that the cart contains products from all of the listed categories.
- Product categories – Product categories that the coupon will be applied to, or that need to be in the cart in order for the “Fixed cart discount” to be applied.
- Exclude categories – Product categories that the coupon will not be applied to, or that cannot be in the cart in order for the “Fixed cart discount” to be applied.
- Allowed Emails/Email restrictions – Whitelist of billing emails to check against when an order is placed. Separate email addresses with commas. You can also use an asterisk (*) to match parts of an email. For example “*@gmail.com” would match all Gmail addresses.
- Matching Products:
- Minimum quantity of matching products: Minimum quantity of the products that match the given product or category restrictions. If no product or category restrictions are specified, then the total number of products is used.
- Maximum quantity of matching products: Maximum quantity of the products that match the given product or category restrictions. If no product or category restrictions are specified, then the total number of products is used.
- Minimum subtotal of matching products: Minimum price subtotal of the products that match the given product or category restrictions.
- Maximum subtotal of matching products: Maximum price subtotal of the products that match the given product or category restrictions.
- Usage limit per coupon – How many times a coupon can be used by all customers before being invalid.
- Usage limit per user – How many times a coupon can be used by each customer before being invalid for that customer.
- Shipping Methods: The coupon will be applicable only if the shipping methods matches any of the entries selected here.
- Payment Methods: The coupon will be applicable only if the payment method applied during checkout matches any of the entries listed here.
- Applicable Roles: The coupon will be applicable if the customer belongs to any of the roles listed in this field.
- Free Products: A single quantity of the specified free product/s is added to the customer cart when the coupon is applied.
- Apply Discount before tax: Check this to discount the tax of the giveaway product in addition to the product price. This is applicable by default.
A specified number of coupons are generated as per the matching criteria from the Coupon data section. The generated coupons can be: added to the store, exported as a CSV or emailed to the recipient directly.
- Add to store: Adds the generated coupons to the store.
- Export as CSV: Exports the generated coupons into a CSV file for future use.
- Email recipient: Emails the respective coupons to the recipients. This works in combination with Allowed emails option available under usage restriction.
Once the settings are in place, assign a prefix and suffix for the coupon if required. The coupon_code is a unique randomized alphanumeric character of length 12 which will be generated automatically. Click on Generate Coupon button to issue coupons as per the pre-defined configurations.
Bulk generate with Allowed Emails option:
If email restriction is applied under allowed emails option, the application generates only enough number of coupons depending on whichever is the lowest value, either the coupon number or the number of emails.
For instance, consider the below scenario:
- Restrict to only two emails in the Allowed Email field of the User Restriction section as shown above:
- Enter 10 coupons to be generated in the Bulk Generation section:
Even though 10 coupons are given for generation only two coupons will be generated and assigned to those restricted users. Alternatively, if you provide 2 coupons and 10 emails, only two coupons will be generated and assigned to the first two email ids.
For a clean import, the CSV must include the header and adhere to the format as indicated in our sample file. Columns post_title and discount_type are mandatory for the import. Duplicate coupons will be skipped during import.
- Choose a CSV file from your system.
- Click on the Upload file button.
- The coupons will be imported into your store.
View Coupon From My Account
Smart Coupon gives a provision to view the currently active coupons, used, as well as expired coupons from the MyAccount section as shown below.