Product Import Export for WooCommerce is an ideal plugin for exporting and importing data either from the WooCommerce store or e-commerce platforms. With this plugin, you can easily import and export:
- Product Reviews
- Product Tags
- Product Categories
What do we provide?
- Migrate all your WooCommerce products, reviews, categories and tags with utmost efficiency.
- The main migration methods are:
- Quick import/export
- Based on a Pre-saved template
- Advanced import/export
- Import/export data processing in batches, ensures successful import/export irrespective of its size/count.
- Detailed history and debug logs are other main peculiarities.
The free plugin version supports only simple, external/affiliate and grouped products. Check the premium version, to handle any other product types.
- Make sure mbstring is enabled on the server.
- Supports only CSV file formats.
- Download :
- CSVs should be in UTF-8 format.
To begin with the plugin, install and activate.
For a detailed insight, do watch the below mentioned video.
Hooray!!.. You have successfully activated the plugin. Now, a new menu “WebToffee Import/Export(Basic)” will appear in the WP admin panel’s sidebar.
We can navigate to the plugin settings in two ways:
- WebToffee Import/Export(Basic) from WordPress dashboard.
- Plugins > Installed Plugins > Product Import Export Plugin for WooCommerce(BASIC)> Settings (takes the user to the General Settings window.)
The plugin consists of five different sub-modules :
- General settings
Let us have a look at each of these sub-menus in detail.
Products and its reviews can be exported in just 5 steps:
- Select the post type as: Product/ Product review.
- Select an export method: Quick export, Pre-saved template and Advanced export are the provided export methods.
- Filter data: One can filter data with respect to the chosen post type.
- Map and reorder export columns: To map, edit and reorder export columns.
- Advanced Options/Batch Export: Provides advanced options for export.
Products and its reviews can be imported in just 4 steps:
- Select the post type as: Product/ Product review.
- Select an import method: Quick import, Pre-saved template and Advanced import are the provided import methods.
- Map and reorder import columns: To map, edit and reorder import columns.
- Advanced Options/Batch Import: Provides advanced options for import.
Refer the below listed articles for a detailed, stepwise import export process.
The History tab lists the runs and the status corresponding to every import/export with options to :
- Re-run: re-runs the action by taking the user to the respective screen.
- View log: view a detailed log
- Delete: deletes the entry
- Download: This option appears only for export action type. Here, you can download the generated export file.
To look into the History section:
- Click on WebToffee Import/Export(Basic) > History.
One can sort the list with these available Filter options:
• Post type: ALL, Products
• Action type: All, Export, Import
• Status: All, Finished
• Sort by: Date descending, Date ascending
• Max record/page: The maximum records to be included in a page.
The Logs tab lists developer logs mostly required for debugging purposes with options to perform the following actions:
- View: to view detailed logs along with the reasons for failed parsing if any.
- Delete: to remove the log
- Download: to share the log report with the support team in case of issues
Reach the Logs section by clicking on WebToffee Import/Export(Basic) > Logs.
Save Import Logs
- Navigate through WebToffee Import/Export(Basic) > General Settings
- On the General tab, choose “Yes” for the Save Import log to save the import log as a text file and make it available in the log section for debugging purposes.
- Click on Update Settings to finish.
The General Settings tab helps to configure all the basic settings of the plugin. Click on WebToffee Import/Export(Basic) > General Settings , to reach this module.
The General Settings sub-menu consists of two sections:
- Help Guide
- Pro Upgrade
Here, you can configure the basic settings.
- Default Export batch count : Here you can give the default count for the records to be exported in a batch.
- Default import batch count : Specify the default number of records to be imported in a batch.
- Maximum execution time: Increasing the time will avoid uninterrupted data transfer. To remove the time limit, set value to zero. Default value is 600 seconds.
- Generate Import log : Here you can choose ‘Yes’ to generate the import log as a text file and to make it available in the log section.
- Default Import method : Choose an import method from three options Quick import, Pre-saved template, and advanced import.
- Default Export method : Choose an export method from three options Quick export, Pre-saved template, and advanced export.
- Auto-delete history: You can auto-delete the history by choosing ‘Yes’.
- Maximum entries : Here, you can specify the maximum records to retain in history. It will limit the number of records with the status ‘Finished’. E.g: if you input a count of 50 the system will retain only the most recent 50 number of records with the status ‘Finished’. All other records of any other status will not be impacted by this count.
Import export pre-saved templates
This section lists all the pre-saved templates that were saved during an import-export process. You can also delete the template file.
Click on Update Settings to save changes.
To save the template :
- In Step2, choose the Advanced method for your import export operation.
- On reaching the last step, you will get an option to save the template as shown below.
- Click on Save to finish.
The section consists of two tabs:
- Help Links: Provides direct links to resources like documentation and support.
- Sample CSV: To download sample CSV of products.
Upgrade to the premium version of the plugin from this tab. One can also compare the features of free and premium plugin versions to opt for the required.
Products are the key components of any eCommerce business. Adding the Product Import Export plugin to your store will make your business smooth by enabling easy management of hundreds and thousands of products in your store. Check out the WooCommerce Import Export Products plugin to know more about it.