How to Setup URL Coupons for WooCommerce
URL Coupons for WooCommerce is an addon coupon plugin that helps you to add a unique URL to any coupon in your e-commerce store. It ensures that the underlying coupon used in the URL is applied as per its respective configuration such as allowing a discount, usage restriction or limits, etc.
After purchasing the Smart Coupon Plugin For WooCommerce, the plugin will be available as a zip file in the API Downloads section of your My Account page.
- Download the zip file from API Downloads by logging into your Webtoffee MY ACCOUNTS page.
- Log in as the WordPress Admin of your online store.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New to upload the downloaded plugin.
- Choose the plugin file to upload.
- Finally, activate the plugin.
For detailed information about installing WebToffee plugins, read How to Download, Install, Activate & Update WooCommerce Plugin.
Checkout the tutorial to know how to auto apply coupons using custom URLs in your WooCommerce store.
Setup and Configuration
The configurations required for the URL Coupons are integrated into the default WooCommerce coupon panel. Additionally, a new tab will be incorporated to facilitate the URL coupon functionality. You can navigate to URL coupons from the WordPress dashboard from WooCommerce > Coupons.
You can create a URL coupon in the same manner as to how normal coupons are created.
Create URL Coupon
To create a new coupon or to edit an existing one, move on to the Action Coupon tab from the coupon data panel. The settings relevant for URL Coupons are incorporated in the Action Coupon tab.
- Unique URL: The parameter provided here will be appended with your site URL to form a unique coupon URL. The coupon discount will be automatically applied to a customer who visits this URL. You will get a live preview of the URL on entering any text into this field. Certain aspects have to be considered while inputting the value into this field.
- The URL coupon behaves in a different manner if the trailing slash is appended along with the text content. For instance, if you have entered the unique URL as https.www.mysite.com/giveaway/ (with a trailing slash) then the coupon will be applied only to those customers who visit this exact URL. On the other hand, if you have specified https.www.mysite.com/giveaway (without the trailing slash) then the coupon will behave in a much more generic manner. That is, any URL having the unique term in it like https.www.mysite.com/giveawayproduct, https.www.mysite.com/giveawayfree, etc will result in the coupon being applied to its visitors. It is advised to have a trailing slash at the end of the text to ensure that the coupon is applied only to the specified unique URL.
- URLs are not case sensitive. You can specify URL as either mysite.com/giveaway or mysite.com/GIVEAWAY, both behave in the same manner.
- Products to add to cart (optionally): Choose a product(s) in order to add it automatically to the customer’s cart upon successfully activating the coupon via URL. You can even select variable products into this field for it to be added automatically into the cart on applying coupon. It is to be noted that only a single quantity of the selected product will only be moved to cart.
- Redirect after applying: Customers will be redirected to the cart page upon activating a coupon via the URL. You can specify an alternative page accordingly. eg: checkout etc.
Please go through Automatically apply coupons in cart on WooCommerce to know more about a use case demonstrated using URL Coupons.