Frequently Bought Together powerful feature is designed to enhance your online store by suggesting complementary products, increasing sales, and providing a seamless shopping experience for your customers. Frequently Bought Together for WooCommerce plugin by WebToffee allows the easy integration of this feature on your site.
The frequently bought-together settings are divided into sections. General settings on a dedicated page and custom recommendation settings for individual products on the Add product page.
To begin start by Installing and activating the plugin. Then from the WordPress dashboard, navigate to WooCommerce > Frequently Bought Together.
This section details the general plugin settings.
- Enable frequently bought together – Enable to display the frequently bought together section on the single product page.
- Suggest products automatically –The plugin intelligently recommends ‘Frequently bought together’ products based on order history. The algorithm runs periodically to generate recommendations by analyzing sales. You can also regenerate the FBT products by clicking on the “Click here” option. This is shown in the image below.
Clicking on the hyperlink will regenerate the Frequently Bought Together recommendation.
- Suggest products from – Choose how to filter the frequently bought items using this option. There are three variants available
- Upsells – The products that are specified as upselling items through the Product Data meta box in the WooCommerce Product page are set as frequently bought-together items.
- Cross sells – The products that are specified as cross-selling items through the Product Data meta box in the WooCommerce Product page are set as frequently bought together items.
- Related products – Compatible with WebToffee’s Related Products for WooCommerce plugin and can be configured to set related products as frequently bought products.
The image shows the Product Data meta box with upselling and cross-selling items specified for the product Notebook. Here, Deluxe Notebook is specified as an upselling item and Pen, Pencil, and Rubber are cross-selling items.
The corresponding shop page is shown below. You can see the up-seller and cross-seller listed as frequently bought items together.
- Select number of products to show – Used to specify the number of products to be shown as frequently bought. The number of products can be decided based on two options and they are:
- All products – Shows all the products that are set as upsellers, cross sellers or related products are shown as the frequently bought item.
- Upto – Shows the set number of products as frequently bought together.
- Show ‘this product’ – Enable to show the currently viewing item along with the frequently bought items. This adds the title This product to the current product title.
- Allow unchecking ‘this product’ – Enable to remove the currently viewing item from the frequently bought together section. This will allow the user to exclude the current item and buy the frequently bought items.
- Default state of products as checked – When enabled sets the default state of checkboxes in the FBT section as checked.
- Behavior on clicking individual products – Options to set the behavior of the FBT link. The link can be opened in a new or the same tab. The options are:
- Opens in new tab
- Open in same tab
- None (does not open the link)
- Hide unavailable products – When enabled hides products that are out of stock from the FBT section and when disabled show products irrespective of their stock status in the FBT section.
Includes settings to customize the appearance of frequently bought together section.
- Set layout as – Choose from the available option to decide the layout of the Items in the FBT section. The layouts supported by the plugin are as follows:
- Table view
- List view
- Gallery view
- Display fields – This option allows including more information about the products in the FBT section. Select multiple options to display more than one product field in the FBT section.
- Product thumbnail – When enabled, display both the product thumbnail and product name. Shows only product name when disabled.
- Price – When enabled, displays individual price and price*qty. Displays total price when disabled.
- Short description – When selected, displays a short description of the product. Trims the description to 100 characters.
- Quantity counter – When selected, displays the quantity counter and enables adjusting the product quantity to be added to the cart.
- Position – Set the position where the FBT section is to be shown inside the single product page. The options available are as follows:
- Above summary
- Below summary
- Below product meta
- Below related product section
This section details the textual settings that apply to labels and titles.
- Frequently bought together section title – Sets the title of the FBT section in the single product page.
- Add to cart button text for single product – Set the title of Add to cart button on the FBT section in single product page if only 1 product is selected.
- Add to cart button text for 2 product – Sets the title of Add to cart button on the FBT section in single product page if 2 products are selected.
- Add to cart button text for multiple product – Sets the title of Add to cart button on the FBT section in single product page if more than 2 products are selected.
- Total price section label – Sets the title of Total price label on the FBT section in the single product page.
This section allows you to manage logs to know more about the behind the scene processes.
Log – Enable to generate the log files. The log file can be found at WooCommerce>Status>Logs.
Set Custom products
This page allows you to set custom products as frequently bought items. From this dashboard, You can view, edit and do bulk actions on the custom products. The page is shown below.
- Add – Click on this button to search a product and include its custom-related products. Click on the Product list box to list the available products. Then, select custom-related products from the Linked Products list box. Click on the Save button.
You also ahve the option to decide on the type of discount to be offered, when the frequently bought together item bundle is purchased by setting the Discount type feature.
- Status – Allows to enable and disable custom set products as frequently bought together items in a single click.
- Bulk actions – Bulk actions allows to Enable and Display status for multiple product. We can also delete multiple products using Bulk action. The actions allowed are
- Enable FBT
- Disable FBT
- Move to Trash
Frequently bought together settings on product page
The frequently Bought Together section is added to the Product Data meta box in the WooCommerce Add Product page, which allows for further configuring of the plugin.
- Status – Enable to set custom set products frequently bought together items.
- Set custom products – lists all available products in the store. selected products will be chosen set as frequently bought together products.
- Apply discount on bundle – Enable to provide discounts on FBT bundles. This applies only when custom products are selected as Frequently bought together items.
- Discount type – Sets the discount as either a Percentage or Fixed cart discount. Requires Enabling Apply discount on bundle option.
- Amount – Sets the amount for the discount. It Can be either a number or a percentage. Requires selecting the appropriate option in the Discount type.
- Set discount eligibility conditions – Enable to set eligibility conditions for the bundle discount.
- Minimum purchase amount for discount – Minimum order value of products required from the bundle to be eligible for the discount.
- Minimum number of products required for discount – A minimum number of products need to be added to the cart from the bundle to be eligible for the discount.
The Frequently bought together section shows the product Notebook with the custom frequent sellers and the discount applied to the total value. The discounted value is labeled as Save.
The below image shows the cart page. Here, we can find a Discount lable to explicitly show the discounted amount.