How to Export Customer List From WooCommerce
WooCommerce is one of the best e-commerce websites that allows you to make the online presence of your business. It gives you a lot of control over the store, unlike many other platforms. Also, there are a ton of resources available for WooCommerce online and in case there are any issues, there is huge community support.
You can export the list of customers from the database of the website, but that can be a nightmare situation if you are not a WordPress developer. The best way to do that is by getting your hands on a plugin. WordPress Users & WooCommerce Customers Import Export Plugin is the plugin to go for if you want to export the list of the customers. The plugin helps you to export the list of the customers and its related data to a CSV file.
The plugin offers a lot of features that can help you achieve more from this plugin. The following are the main features of the plugin to export the customer’s list.
- Export all the users/customers and their metadata into a CSV file.
- Filter users to export based on their user roles.
- Export a partial list of users.
- Export all the data of a single user from the Users page.
- Export all the data of all or selected users in bulk from the Users page.
- Schedule export to a remote server using FTP.
Exporting the Customer List
The first thing you need to do to export the customer list is to install and activate the plugin on your WordPress website. After the plugin activation, go to the dashboard and navigate to WooCommerce > Customer Import Export.
This will take you to the plugin page. To export the products, go to the User/Customer Export tab. The customer export can be completed in two steps. The screen for the first step looks as shown below.
From this page, you can change the settings of the plugin to export the data into the CSV file. Following are the fields of the plugin:
- Offset: Enter the user row number at which you wish to start the export.
- Limit: Enter the maximum number of users that you wish to export.
- User Roles: Users with the roles chosen from the drop down will only be exported. Upon choosing Customer from the drop down, all the customers of your store will be exported.
- User Emails: On specifying user emails, users with the specified emails will only be exported.
- From Date: Select the date of registration from which you want to export the users by clicking on the calendar icon.
- To Date: Select the date of registration till which you want to export the users by clicking on the calendar icon.
- Sort Columns: Sort the export columns by choosing any parameter from the drop down like user ID, email etc.
- Sorting Order: Upon selecting the sorting columns, choose the export order to be as either Ascending or Descending from the radio button.
Then click on the Apply Filter button. This will show the resultant set of customers on the right-hand side of the page. The reset button will help you clear all the filters that have been applied and lets you start afresh.
After the required filters have been applied, proceed to the next step by clicking on Step 2: Map and Transform button. It will take you to the mapping screen as shown below.
- Select a mapping file for export: Similar to import settings, you can select an existing mapping file for export. This option is enabled only when you create your first mapping file.
- Columns: Select the checkbox for required columns if you want to export specific columns. With the Column Name field, you can modify the column header in the CSV file. To do that, simply enter the required column name for the specific column.
- Save the export mapping: Enter a mapping filename for exporting.
- Delimiter: With this field, you can change the comma-separated file to ‘|’ or ‘.” separated file according to your requirement.
- Export Guest Users: Check this field to include the guest users of the website to the exported CSV file.
- Click Export Users/customers, the CSV file gets auto-downloaded to your computer. The sample users/customers CSV file is as shown below:
Export Customer(s) from WordPress Users Page
You can directly download the export file with all the fields. To do that, navigate to Dashboard > WooCommerce > Users. The Users page appears as shown below:
- To export Customers, select them. From the Bulk Action drop-down list, select Download as CSV and click Apply. All the information about the selected customer(s) gets auto-downloaded to a CSV file.
FTP Settings for Exporting Customers
The plugin allows you to schedule an automatic import of the customers into the remote server via FTP. To do that, go to the Settings tab of the plugin.
From this page, enable FTP and fill in the required fields. After all the required fields have been filled, this will export all the customer data in a CSV file via FTP on a regular interval.
You can try out the free version of the plugin before purchasing the premium version.