Often, we collect consent regarding the usage of cookies on our website by using a cookie notice bar. There may have been instances whereupon accepting/rejecting, the cookie bar disappears and you want to bring it back again on your website. This is where the revisit consent comes into the picture.
Revisit consent will allow the visitors to view/edit/revoke their prior preferences. GDPR cookie consent plugin manages consent by using a revisit widget. You can make the widget display automatically at the footer of your website on accepting consent from users. A website user can change the consent at any time by revisiting the widget.
To manage the revisit consent for the cookie notice bar, follow the steps below:
- Install and activate the GDPR Cookie consent plugin.
- From your WordPress dashboard, go to the Settings page.
- Open the Customise Cookie Bar tab, then, click on the Revisit consent as shown below:
- Enable the revisit consent to display a small privacy widget automatically at the footer of your website on receiving the consent.
You can also manually insert a link to manage consent by adding the shortcode: [wt_cli_manage_consent] to your website.
- You can set the Widget Position to either left or right.
- Use the From left margin to position the widget. Enter a value in either pixel or percentage to specify the distance from the respective margin, to place the widget accordingly.
<div class="alert alert-info" role="alert"> You can also manually insert a link to manage consent by adding the shortcode [wt_cli_manage_consent] to your website. </div>
View the manage consent widget for the cookie notice bar in the front end in the following manner:
Hide revisit consent widget