Coupons are the potential tools to attract new customers, market your store products and retain loyal shoppers. Order, Coupon, Subscription Export Import for WooCommerce helps you import all the coupons from one store to another in an efficient and quick manner. To import the WooCommerce coupons:
- Select the post type as Coupon.
- Select an import method.
- Map the import columns.
- Use advanced options/ batch import and scheduling.
To import WooCommerce coupons, click on WebToffee Import/Export(Pro) > Import.
Step 1: Select post type
As a first step, you need to choose the post type as Coupon.
Step 2: Select import method
Choose from the below options to continue with your import:
- Quick import
- Based on a pre-saved template
- Advanced import
Let us have a look at each of these import methods:
- imports the basic/standard fields of the respective post type.
- primarily used when your input file was exported using the same plugin
- One can import file from:
- Click the Import button to complete the action or proceed to Step3 for advanced options.
- Navigate to Step 4 to know more about Advanced options/ Batch import/ Scheduling.
- This method retains the previous filter criteria and other column specifications as per the chosen file and imports data accordingly.
- By selecting this option, one can choose a previously saved template from the Import template dropdown.
- Click the Import button to complete the action or proceed to Step3 to map and reorder columns.
- Navigate to Step 3 to know more about mapping and reordering import columns.
- This option will take you through a detailed process of filtering/column selection/advanced options that may be required for your import.
Step 3: Map import columns
Here, one can map the import columns under the following 3 fields:
- Default fields: The column names appearing in this section can be edited if required. The preferred names and choices that were last saved can be viewed on choosing a pre-saved template. One can also move the columns to reorder the arrangement.
- Additional Meta
- Hidden meta
Evaluate field can be used to append a value/expression to an existing item while importing. It basically selects/maps any column from the input file and compute the values with expressions and creates output.
- Expression: Any of the operators +*/-()&@ or string constants can be used along with the attributes to manipulate the respective value.
- Input: Select the column from the dropdown which has to be modified.
- Output: Sample value will be created based on the first record from input file.
- Click on Step 4 to proceed.
Step 4: Advanced Options/Batch Import/Scheduling
- On reaching Step 4, the following window will appear, from where one can:
- Update Only: On selecting “Yes”, the store is updated with the data from the input file only for matching/existing records from the file. On selecting “No”, the entire data from the input file is processed for an update or insert as the case maybe.
- Match coupons by their: The coupons are matched either based on their ID or Coupon Code.
- If the coupon exists in the store: One can either Skip or Update the entry.
- Update even if empty values: Updates the coupon data respectively even if some of the columns in the input file contains empty value.
- If conflict with an existing Post ID: One can either skip the item or import it as a new item.
- Delete non-matching coupons from store
- Use product SKU for coupon restriction settings
- Save the template file for future (if needed).
- Click on Import/Schedule to finish.
You can either import the coupons directly into your store or schedule the import using FTP.
To schedule the import:
- Hit the Schedule option, and you will be taken to the cron schedule window.
The plugin supports two different schedule types:
- WordPress Cron: Upon a visit, WordPress Cron will check to see if the time/date is later than the scheduled event/s, and if it is– it will fire those events.
- schedules your job at the specified time.
- is dependent on your website visitors.
- Server Cron: You may need to trigger the URL every minute depending on the volume of data to be processed.You can use this option :
- to generate a unique URL that can be added to your system in order to trigger the events.
- if you have a separate system to trigger the scheduled events.
Also, the import/export can be scheduled on a daily, weekly, monthly, or custom basis. The time at which the import has to be scheduled can also be configured.
To directly import:
- Hit on the Import option
Once the import is completed, a pop-up will be displayed showing import status which contains the number of successful imports and failed imports (if any).