Order / Coupon / Subscription Export Import Plugin for WooCommerce is equipped with various functionalities to make it convenient for users in all aspects. The bulk import and export of subscription orders is an important feature of this plugin. Under Subscription Import / Export tab, you can import/export/merge (update existing subscription order) several subscription orders using one file which saves your time and effort of manually adding information of subscription orders.
Steps for importing subscription orders:
- Import orders: Every subscription has a corresponding parent and/or renewal order listed under the Woocommerce orders. Hence it is essential to migrate these orders prior to importing the subscriptions to your new site. WooCommerce assigns a new post_id by default for all imports, in this case, orders/subscriptions(where an order is also treated as a post). Our plugin overrides this default behavior via our mapping sections as explained below:
- Map with the order_id column: Here plugin assigns the original order_ids as is if they are available within the new site and skips the duplicate.
- Map with Do not import value: In this case, plugin assigns a new order_id for all the imported orders irrespective of their original order ids.
When new ids are assigned to the orders, it will not cause any ambiguity and facilitates successful import without skipping any order. By doing so, original order ids will be replaced resulting in the disassociation of the corresponding subscription order ids. But, our plugin ensures that the original ids are preserved internally(via the wt_import_key) whenever new ids are assigned.
- Import subscription orders: It is advised to check the wt_import key to ensure that the subscriptions are correctly mapped to their corresponding parent/renewal orders. Hence you need to enable the wt_import_key while importing the subscriptions to establish this correspondence as shown below:
Note: if there are multiple renewal orders, then it should be separated using the pipe symbol. For example, 256 and 437 are two renewal orders of a subscription order, then they have to be separated as 256|437 in the renewal order column.
|Association||Column in Subscription order CSV||Column in Order CSV|
|Parent order and Subscription order||post_parent||wt_import key|
|Renewal order and Subscription order||renewal_order||wt_import key|
- If the Subscription_id conflicts with an existing order id, the corresponding subscription record will be skipped.
- If the Subscription_id conflicts with an existing post id, the corresponding subscription record will be imported with a new id.