iDEAL is a Netherlands-based payment method that allows customers to use bank credentials to complete transactions online.
iDEAL uses the second factor of authentication and redirects customers to their online banking environment to authenticate a payment. Then, it will send an immediate notification about the success or failure of a payment.
iDEAL Pay via Stripe is supported in the following countries:
All right, now let’s get down to configure the plugin.
Settings: iDEAL Pay
- Firstly, install and activate the Stripe payment gateway for the WooCommerce plugin.
- From the WordPress dashboard, go to WebToffee Stripe > General Settings > Local Gateways.
- Head on to the iDEAL .
- iDEAL: Enable to accept iDEAL payments.
- Title: Enter a custom title for iDEAL payment. This title will be visible on the checkout page.
- Description: Enter a custom description for iDEAL payment. This description will be visible on the checkout page.
- Order Button Text: Enter a custom text for the iDEAL payment button.
Finally, click on the Save changes button to update the plugin settings.
Pay via iDEAL
To sum up, the iDEAL payment workflow will be as shown below:
- Customer selects iDEAL at the checkout
2. The buyer enters the name and selects the bank.
3. iDEAL authenticates the payment.
4. Then, the plugin prompts the buyer to confirm the completion of the transaction.
5. Redirects buyer to the order received page by successfully completing the order.