With Stripe Payment Gateway Plugin for WooCommerce, you can effortlessly accept major credit cards for payments on your WooCommerce store. Some of the allowed cards are the following:
- American Express
- Diners Club
Customers can also save credit card information for future use. The complete payment transaction occurs on a Stripe iframe loaded on your store. Hence, your customers do not have to leave your site for payment, making an effortless checkout process.
All right, now let’s get down to configure the plugin.
- Install and activate the Stripe payment gateway for the WooCommerce plugin.
- From the WordPress dashboard, go to WebToffee Stripe > General Settings.
- Head on to the Credit/Debit Cards tab.
Settings: Credit/Debit Card Pay
Stripe settings come with the following options:
- Credit/Debit cards: Enable to accept credit/debit card payments through Stripe.
- Title: Input title for the payment gateway displayed at the checkout.
- Description: Input texts for the payment gateway displayed at the checkout.
- Order button text: Input a text that will appear on the order button to place an order at the checkout.
- Allowed Cards: Accepts payments using selected cards. Displays the Icons of chosen cards at the checkout. Cards supported by the plugin are the following:
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Card fields in a row: Choose the style in which you want to show your credit card form. When checked, the credit card form will display the credit card number field, expiry date, CVV, and postal code in a single field.
- Save cards for later: Enable to save credit or debit cards information to make your customer’s next purchase quick and easy.
- Email Transaction Receipt: Enable this option to send transaction receipts via email to customers. Works in live mode only.
- Statement Descriptor: You can enter a statement descriptor that will appear on customers’ bank statements when they make or receive payments. A complete statement descriptor – either a single static descriptor or the combination of a prefix and suffix – must meet the following requirements:
- Contains between 5 and 22 characters, inclusive.
- Contains at least one letter.
- Does not contain any of the special characters < > \ ‘ ” *.
- Reflects your doing business as (DBA) name.
- Contains more than a single common term or common website URL. A website URL only is acceptable if it provides a clear and accurate description of a transaction on a customer’s statement.
Finally, click Save changes to save/update the plugin settings.
Credit/Debit card checkout using Stripe
After you configure all the settings, move to the checkout page to view the credit/debit card checkout process.
Specify the card details like the Card Number, Expiry Date, CVV, and then click on the Pay via Stripe button to continue the payment process.
That’s it! with these simple steps, you can accept credit card payments with Stripe Payment Plugin for WooCommerce.
Manage saved card from ‘My Account’
To add or delete saved card details from your account, head on to My Account > Payment methods.
You can add a new payment card or delete the existing one from My account.
For a better understanding of each feature of the plugin, visit our documentation page.