How to setup Alipay using Stripe Payment Gateway Plugin for WooCommerce
Stripe Payment Gateway Plugin for WooCommerce offers a simple process to set up the Alipay payment method on your WooCommerce store. This payment method is supported for Australian Dollar (AUD), Canadian Dollar (CAD), Euro (EUR), British Pound (GBP), Hong Kong Dollar (HKD), Japanese Yen (JPY), New Zealand Dollar (NZD), Singapore Dollar (SGD) and United States Dollars (USD).
Let’s break down these settings in few simple steps.
Once the plugin is installed and activated, you can navigate to plugin settings in two ways:
- Dashboard > WebToffee Stripe/Apple/Alipay/Stripe Checkout(or)
- Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins > Stripe Payment Gateway for WooCommerce > Settings.
All right, now let’s get down to configure the plugin.
Step 1: Create a Stripe account
Prior to setting up the plugin, it is essential that you create a stripe account. The payment gateway can be initiated only by linking the API keys which can be located in the Stripe dashboard on successful registration.
Ceratin useful links are provided within the plugin itself which will be helpful while setting up the plugin as shown below:
You can click on an item to get redirected to the respective link.
- To view the countries where Stripe is available for businesses, click on the Country list
- You can directly register and create a Stripe account by clicking on Create Stripe account.
- To get the API keys, click on the Get API Keys link to get redirected to the stripe dashboard.
Step 2: Insert the API Keys into the respective stripe credential field
You can begin the set up by inserting the appropriate keys in the stripe credential fields. API keys can be located in your Stripe dashboard. Transaction mode(test/live) is dictated by the respective API keys.
From the stripe tab, set up the stripe credentials as explained below:
- Transaction Mode: With this option, you can set the required API mode for the Stripe payment gateway.
Available options are:
- Test Mode: This mode is used to do some test purchasing by using Stripe.com API. There is no real money transaction involved. This mode is used only for development purposes and requires Stripe test credentials.
- Live Mode: This mode is used for the actual payment transaction, and requires live credentials.
- Test/Live Publishable Key: Enter the respective test (or Live) Publishable Key.
- Test/Live Secret Key: Enter the test (or Live) Secret Key provided by Stripe.
Step 3: Configure Alipay Settings
Move on to the next tab to configure Stripe Alipay. The settings are as given below.
- Alipay: Tick this checkbox to enable Alipay.
- Title: Enter a custom title for Alipay payment. This title will be visible on the checkout page.
- Description: Enter a custom description for Alipay payment. This description will be visible on the checkout page.
- Order Button Text: Enter a custom text for the Alipay checkout button.
Finally, click Save changes to save/update the plugin settings.
Checkout using Alipay
When you have configured all the above settings, move to the checkout page to pay via Alipay.
You will be then taken to an Alipay’s site to authorise the transaction. On successful authentication, you will be returned to the merchant site where the order will be placed.
In this way, you can accept Alipay payments with Stripe Payment Gateway Plugin for WooCommerce.
To know more about the product, check out Stripe Payment Gateway Plugin for WooCommerce.
For understanding each feature of the plugin, refer to the product setting up article.
Or check out the documentation section for more related articles.
Accept Stripe with WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway Plugin
Used by 10,000+ WooCommerce Stores
#1 in Customer Satisfaction
WebToffee Guarantee: Get Your Money Back if You Are Not Satisfied With The ProductBuy Now!