Delivery Note imparts information about the contents of a package. It serves as a proof of undisputed delivery of goods to the buyer. A copy of the delivery note is signed by the recipient and then returned to the seller as proof of delivery.
Print Invoice, Packing Slip, Delivery Note & Label Plugin for WooCommerce, an easy and reliable plugin by WebToffee extends this functionality. A delivery note is a document that contains order information such as product description, quantity and so on. A copy of the delivery note signed by the customer is returned back to the seller for confirmation of shipment.
Once you have installed and activated this plugin, a new section is available in the WordPress menu titled Invoice/Pack List. You can get to this section by navigating to the Invoice/Packing menu from your WordPress dashboard. When you click on the Delivery Note sub menu, you will be taken to Delivery Note settings.
All the generic settings that need to be used across all the documents can be configured in the General Settings window. It contains provisions to configure the company logo, address details, RTL support and many more. To know more about general settings configurations, refer here.
Delivery Note can be set up in two easy steps:
Step 1: General
You can configure the general settings required for the delivery note.
- Group by Category: Choose Yes to group the products by category.
- Enable variation data: To include variation data of the product in the delivery note, enable this option.
- Order Meta Fields – Allows you to add additional order meta fields in the delivery note. You can select a field from the list of default fields or click the Add Existing Order Meta Field button to create custom meta fields by providing a custom Field Name and the respective meta key for the field. The order meta keys for respective products can be found in the custom field section of the WooCommerce Order page.
- Product Meta Fields – Allows you to add meta fields related to the products in the delivery note product table. Click the Add Product Meta to add a new product meta field by providing a custom Field Name and the respective meta key for the field. The product meta keys can be found in the custom field section of the product page.
- Enable print delivery note option for order status: Adds print delivery note button to the order email for chosen status from the drop-down as shown below.
- Custom Footer – Allows you to set the custom footer for a delivery note. If no footer text is set here, the default footer text from the General settings is applied.
Once all the settings are configured, click the Update Settings button.
Step 2: Customize
You can customize and create a new template of a delivery note from the existing templates.
To create a new delivery note template,
- Select a template from the Create new template option.
- From the inbuilt templates that pop up, choose a layout.
- The chosen layout will then be displayed in the customize window. The elements that are already configured from General Settings will be auto-populated. Users can make the necessary changes to the layout using the toggle options.
- You can even switch to the code editor, to make additional customizations other than the one listed in the visual editor.
- While making changes via code editor it would be better for you to refer the help which briefs about placeholders, alternate classes for RTL support, etc as shown below:
- Make the necessary modifications to the layout and save it.
- After saving, activate the template to use it further for your delivery note.
You can directly print the delivery note from WooCommerce orders page as shown below:
A sample delivery note will look like as shown below:
For detailed information, you can refer to the Product Page.
All-In-One - Generate PDF Invoice, Packing Slip, Labels & Delivery Note.
Used by 7,000+ WooCommerce Stores
#1 in Customer Satisfaction
WebToffee Guarantee: Get Your Money Back if You Are Not Satisfied With The ProductBuy Now!