WooCommerce PDF Invoices, Packing Slip, Delivery Notes, and Shipping Labels(Pro) allow you to print, download and customize picklists for your store very easily. A Picklist can be used by packers of your store to get the entire list of products for selected orders.
Let us see a step-by-step procedure on how the picklist can be configured and generated for multiple orders of your store in WooCommerce.
- First of all, install and activate the plugin.
- From the WordPress dashboard, go to
- Invoice/Packing > Picklist.
- Invoice/Packing > General Settings > Documents tab > Picklist Settings.
- Invoice/Packing > Picklist.
Setup Pick List in two easy steps:
The general settings pertaining to the picklist can be configured from the general tab.
- Group by category: Choose Yes to group the products by category. Groups the products of the same category in the picklist.
- Group by order: Choose Yes to group the products by order. On printing picklist for multiple orders, the products will be categorized by order.
For instance, a pick list for two orders by enabling group by category and group by order will look as shown below:
- Enable variation data: To include variation data of the product in the pick list, enable this option. Displays product variations beneath the product in the product table.
- Exclude virtual items: In order to exclude the virtual deliverables like downloadable books from the picklist, enable this option.
- Sort products by: either on the basis of Name or SKU.
- Product meta fields: Select/add additional product information in the picklist. Click the Add Product Meta to add a new product meta field by providing a custom Field Name and the respective meta key for the field. Get the order meta keys from the custom field section of the WooCommerce Order page.
- Product attributes: Here, you can add and edit the product attributes.
- Attach Picklist PDF in order email for statuses: Picklist in PDF format will be attached with order email for chosen order statuses.
- Share Picklist PDF as a separate email: Enable this option to attach the picklist to any external email ids such as warehouse or store etc. along with the WooCommerce order status mail.
Finally, click on the Update Settings button.
You can customize the picklist using the inbuilt templates and modify them to suit your needs.
- Toggle buttons are incorporated in the customize tab to enable or disable an item from the template of the pick list. You can make modifications to the current layout by changing the different attributes like font color, style, format, etc provided under each property.
- You can even switch to the code editor, to make additional customizations other than the one listed in the visual editor.
- While making changes via code editor it would be better for you to refer the help which briefs about placeholders, alternate classes for RTL support, etc as shown below:
- Make the necessary modifications to the layout and save it.
- After saving, activate the template to use it further for your picklist.
Bulk print Picklist
You can directly print the picklist as shown below or select multiple orders from WooCommerce orders page and print them via bulk actions:
A sample picklist for multiple orders grouped by category and orders will be as shown below: