How to generate WooCommerce Packing Slip
WebToffee’s Print Invoice, Packing Slip, Delivery Note & Label Plugin for WooCommerce allows you to print and generate packing slip for your store very easily. All the documents that are integral to shipping (like PDF invoices, packing slips, delivery notes, and shipping/address labels)will be automatically generated with this WooCommerce extension.
With this plugin, you can group the products by category making it convenient for the packers to pack. Specific variation data of the product, as well as additional order or product meta details, can be included in the packing slip. You can even customize the packing slip using the inbuilt templates and modify them to suit your needs.
Once you have installed and activated the plugin, a new section will be available in the WordPress menu titled Invoice/Packing. Select the Packing Slip directly from the submenus or click on the Settings button from the General Settings > Documents tab to access the packing slip settings window.
All the generic settings that need to be used across all the documents can be configured in the General Settings window. It contains provisions to configure the company logo, address details, RTL support and many more. To know more about general settings configurations, refer here.
Packing Slip can be set up in two easy steps:
Step 1: General Settings
You can configure the general settings required for the packing slip from this tab.
- Group by Category: Choose Yes to group the products by category.
- Enable variation data: To include variation data of the product in the packing slip, enable this option.
- Sort products by: Sort the products on the basis of name or SKU in either ascending or descending order.
- Order meta fields – This allows you to add additional order meta fields in the packing slips. You can select a field from the list of default fields or click the Add Existing Order Meta Field button to create custom meta fields by providing a custom Field Name and the respective meta key for the field. The order meta keys for respective products can be found in the custom field section of the WooCommerce Order page.
- Product meta fields – This allows you to add meta fields related to the products in the packing slip product table. Click the Add Product Meta to add a new product meta field by providing a custom Field Name and the respective meta key for the field. The product meta keys can be found in the custom field section of the product page. For example, refer how to include installation usage instructions of a product in a packing-slip
- Product attributes: Selected product attributes will be displayed beneath the respective product in the packing slip.
- Attach packing slip PDF in order email for order statuses: The PDF version of the currently active packing slip template will be attached to the order email for selected order statuses.
- Share packing slip PDF as a separate email: If you need to send a copy of the Packing slip to another email id, then, select `Yes` and save settings. eg: admin email. You may then configure the email from WooCommerce > Settings > Emails. Click manage against the ‘Packing Slip’ email and enter the recipient emails separated by commas.
- Enable print packing slip option for order status: Adds print packing slip button to the order email for chosen status from the dropdown as shown below.
- Custom Footer – This allows you to set the custom footer for packing slips. If no footer text is set here, the default footer text from the General settings is applied.
Once all the settings are configured, click the Update Settings button.
Step 2: Customize
You can customize and create a new template of a packing slip from the existing templates.
To create a new packing slip template,
- Select a template from the Create new template option.
- From the inbuilt templates that pop up, choose a layout.
Including a packing list along with an invoice when you are shipping a package, is best practice, which establishes an extra line of communication between you and the customer.
You can directly print the packing slip from WooCommerce orders page as shown below:
A sample packing slip will be as shown below:
For detailed information about the plugin, you can refer to the Product Page.