The screenshots and content you are viewing may correspond to an older version. We are in the process of updating the documentation to reflect the current version. Until then, you may refer to the latest set up guide for an insight.
WooCommerce gives provision to update every single aspect of a product very easily. But what if you need to update the details of hundreds or thousands of products? Editing and updating products one by one is exhausting and impractical.
When it comes to e-commerce, the price of a product is an important parameter that needs to be updated now and then. With our product import-export plugin, you can bulk update product prices of both simple and variable products without having to do it manually one by one.
In this article, let us see how the price of products can be bulk updated in just a few easy steps:
Export products into CSV
Let us begin with exporting the products from your store into a CSV file which can then be edited for updating product price. The steps involved in exporting products are given below:
- On successfully installing and activating the plugin, navigate to WooCommerce > Product Im Ex from your dashboard.
- By default the Product Export panel opens up as shown below:
Import products using updated CSV
The products can be imported back with the updated price in the following manner:
- Navigate to WooCommerce > Product Im Ex
- Move on to the Import section. Attach the updated CSV file from your system.
Note: Optionally, while uploading the CSV for updating product detail, either
- Upload the CSV by deleting all other columns except the column to which the change is made or else
- Choose Do not import for all other columns except the column to which the change is made from the Map field section.
This can be done only in cases where product detail specified in the CSV and that contained in the store is different and you do not want to update these changes other than the required ones ( in this case: price) to get reflected in your store on import.