How to bulk update price in WooCommerce
WooCommerce gives provision to update every single aspect of a product very easily. But what if you need to update the details of hundreds or thousands of products? Editing and updating products one by one is exhausting and impractical.
With our product import export plugin, you can bulk update each and every single data of your product without having to do it manually one by one.
When it comes to e-commerce, the price of a product is an important parameter that needs to be updated now and then. In this article, let us see how the price of products can be bulk updated in just a few easy steps:
Export products into CSV
Let us begin with exporting the products from your store into a CSV file which can then be edited for updating product price. The steps involved in exporting products are given below:
- On successfully installing and activating the plugin, navigate to WooCommerce > Product Im Ex from your dashboard.
- By default the Product Export panel opens up as shown below:
- The export product panel consists of several filters by which you can customize the output generated. Since additional export filters are not necessary in this case, let’s go ahead and click on Export Products (CSV) to export all the products from your store into a CSV file.
- Now that we have obtained the CSV file, the necessary changes can be made into it. As we are dealing with how the product price can be changed, we will update the sale_price of the product (Hoodie). Currently, its price is $42 as shown below, let us update its price to $40.
- Open the CSV file and update the price of the product from the sale_price column of the CSV. We can update it from $42 to $40 as shown below.
- Save the updated CSV file. This file can be used to import product updates back into the store.
Import products using updated CSV
The products can be imported back with the updated price in the following manner:
- Navigate to WooCommerce > Product Im Ex
- Move on to the Import section. Attach the updated CSV file from your system.
- Enable the update products if exists a checkbox to update existing products as shown above. Existing products are identified by their product ID/SKU.
- Proceed to upload file and import for moving to the mapping fields.
Note: Optionally, while uploading the CSV for updating product detail, either
- Upload the CSV by deleting all other columns except the column to which the change is made or else
- Choose Do not import for all other columns except the column to which the change is made from the Map field section.
This can be done only in cases where product detail specified in the CSV and that contained in the store is different and you do not want to update these changes other than the required ones ( in this case: price) to get reflected in your store on import.
- From the mapping page, submit to import the updated product price.
- On successfully merging products, you can see that the product price is updated to the latest value.