Manually entering the products and their details is impractical if you have a large number of products to upload to your WooCommerce store. Using the Product Import Export Plugin for WooCommerce, you can upload all the products and product types (simple, variable, grouped, and external) in CSV, XML, TSV, XLS, or XLSX file formats. To bulk upload products into your WooCommerce store:
- Select the post type as Product.
- Select an import method.
- Map the import columns.
- Use advanced options and click on Import.
Another important factor when using a CSV file with the plugin is that it should be UTF-8 encoded. Refer to the article, Saving CSV/Excel File as UTF-8 Encoded to know more.
Steps to Bulk Upload Products
From the WordPress admin panel, go to WebToffee Import Export (Pro) > Import menu.
- In step 1, select Product under post type.
- In step 2, select the import method and the import from location. You can import files from:
- Existing files
- In step 3, you can map the product fields to File columns.
- In the last step of Advanced Options/Batch Import/Scheduling, choose the appropriate selections and click on Import to finish.
For a more detailed import procedure, follow the steps in How to import products. On successful import, the screen will appear as: