Product Import Export Plugin for WooCommerce plugin gives provision to automatically import products to your online store at the scheduled time with the specified time interval. You can even import products from multiple CSV files at once without having the need to import each file one by one at a time.
The first step in achieving this is to install and activate the plugin. Then, you can follow the steps explained below to cron import multiple CSV files all at once:
- Navigate to WooCommerce > Product Im-Ex > Settings
- Enable FTP and enter the following FTP details:
- Enter FTP Server Host/IP.
- Enter FTP User Name.
- Enter FTP Password.
- Select Use FTPS checkbox to connect securely.
- Test FTP if working properly
- Enable passive mode if required.
- Choose Enabled option to automatically Import products from FTP Server Host/IP, as shown below:
- Import from Folder: Enabling this option will import all the files in the specified folder. Upon enabling, you can specify the complete path of the root directory including the folder name where the CSV files are residing in the Import folder field as shown below. All the CSV files in the specified folder will be imported.
Likewise if Import from folder is unchecked, then you can specify the complete path of the root directory including the name of the CSV file in the import file field to import that particular file.
- Enter the required Start time for importing the products.
- Enter the time interval in minutes for importing the products.
- Select Merge Products if exist checkbox to merge existing product with the updated details of the same product. The Merging of the product is possible only if the product ID already exists in your online store. Otherwise, the product is imported as a new product.
- Skip new product: If a new product SKU is encountered in the imported CSV file, it will be skipped, and only the existing products will be updated.
- Delete existing products: check to delete existing products that are not present in the CSV.
- Use SKU to link grouped products: Check this to link grouped products using product SKUs instead of product IDs
- Select a required mapping file from the given drop-down list.
- Click Save Settings to save/update settings.
You can see that products are auto-imported using multiple CSV files from the FTP server to your online store.
Refer to Setting Up Cron Job – WooCommerce Product Import Export plugin to know how to set up cron for import.