It is very much essential to have an easy and flawless product import and export suit in a WooCommerce platform. WebToffee’s product import and export plugins let you export and import products in different manners irrespective of product types, count, etc.
Basically, the plugin allows you to import products in three different methods using a CSV/XML file.
- Locally from a computer
- via FTP
- Using URL where the file is residing
Importing Products using URL
From the WordPress admin panel’s menu, click on WebToffee Import /Export (Pro) > Import.
- Select the required post type.
- Select either Quick or Advanced import method.
- Select URL under Import from and enter the file URL.
- Click on Step3 to map the columns and move to step 4.
Follow the steps in How to import products for a more detailed documentation.
On reaching the Advanced Options/Batch Export/Scheduling step, you can either import the products directly into your store or schedule the import using FTP.
To schedule the import:
- Hit the Schedule option, and you will be taken to the cron schedule window as shown below:
The plugin supports two different schedule types:
- WordPress Cron: Upon a visit, WordPress Cron will check to see if the time/date is later than the scheduled event/s, and if it is– it will fire those events.
- schedules your job at the specified time.
- is dependent on your website visitors.
- Server Cron: You may need to trigger the URL every minute depending on the volume of data to be processed.You can use this option :
- to generate a unique URL that can be added to your system in order to trigger the events.
- if you have a separate system to trigger the scheduled events.
You can also configure the time at which the import is to be scheduled.
To directly import:
- Hit on the Import option
Once the import is completed, a pop-up will be displayed showing import status which contains the number of successful imports and failed imports (if any).