The article you are viewing corresponds to our latest version. If you are using version ‘3.8.5’ and below, refer this article.
Metadata is the data about data. A product’s metadata can be some extra information that motivates people to buy online. Free delivery, no hassle returns and customer reviews are just a few examples. Metadata can be also be used to determine the total quantity of sold products, the quantity of products available for sale, or any other similar data regarding product data.
To import product metadata: enter the metadata in the input CSV file.
Steps to import metadata
Download Sample CSV of Metadata.
- From the WordPress admin panel, navigate to the menu: WebToffee Import Export (Pro).
- Click on Import and specify the post type as Product.
- Select the import method as: Advanced or Pre-saved to view the mapping screen.
- Choose the Import from location.
- Click to upload or simply drag and drop your CSV file.Note: One can only upload the supported CSV or XML file formats. All other file formats will appear as disabled.
- Click on Step3 to map the import columns.
- Here, the metadata will be mapped under Meta(Custom fields) and Hidden meta as shown.
- Move to the next step and follow the steps in How to import products to finish.
Note: Mapping is very helpful when importing CSV from e-Commerce platforms like Magento.
Related articles: Importing WooCommerce Products with Attributes.