If you have different variations of a product in your WooCommerce store, instead of creating multiple single products, WooCommerce allows you to create a variable product with all the variations. You can create attributes with different values for the product.
But it is not very easy to upload products and their variations manually to the store. You would need the help of a plugin to import WooCommerce products and their variations in bulk.
The Product Import Export Plugin for WooCommerce by WebToffee allows you to upload variable products in bulk to your WooCommerce store in the easiest possible way. To upload the variable products into your WooCommerce store, you need to install and activate the Product Import Export for WooCommerce in your WooCommerce store.
How Does the Plugin Bulk Upload Variable Products?
The plugin takes a UTF-8 encoded CSV/XML file as input. It then imports the products to the WooCommerce store without any difficulty with all the variable products and the product details. So, in order to upload all the variable products using the plugin, you must have a CSV/XML file with all your variable products and the product data.
The following is the sample CSV file that contains variable products.
In the given CSV the variable product is a T-shirt, with two attributes size and color. Each variation of the product has different SKUs but are connected to the original product using the parent_SKU.
Once you have your CSV file prepared, next what you need to do is to import the variable products to the store. From the WordPress admin panel where you need to upload the variable products, go to WebToffee Import Export (Pro) > Import menu.
The plugin gives you three options to import your CSV file depending on the location where your CSV file is stored.
- Upload the file from your computer.
- Upload the file from the remote server using FTP.
- Upload the file from a URL
Following are the steps to import variable products:
- Select Products under post type.
- Select an import method: Quick import, Pre-saved template and Advanced import are the provided import methods. Pre-saved template import option will be available only if you have saved the template file during previous advanced imports.
- Map import columns: To map import columns. Here, you can map the commercial names to WooCommerce columns. Use Evaluation Field to fix/update the required value for a particular field.
- Advanced Options/Batch Import: Provides advanced options for scheduling and import.
On successful import, the variable products will appear as:
Variable Products In WooCommerce Store
We can view the imported products in the WordPress admin panel and in the WooCommerce store.
- To view the imported products in the WordPress dashboard, click on Products>All Products:
- To view its variations, click on the product and move to the Variations section of the respective product page.
- The color variations in the product page will appear as shown below:
- The size variations in the product page will appear as shown below: