How to Import and Export Product Reviews Using WooCommerce Product Reviews Import Export Plugin
For WooCommerce, Product Import Export Plugin facilitates online store Admin to export or import product reviews and star ratings of the products by using a CSV file. Admin can also customize product reviews and ratings according to the need. The plugin is mainly used by store owners/Admin to make review and rating transactions from one store to another.
You can import/export/merge (update existing product reviews) hundreds, even thousands, of Product Reviews using one file which saves your effort and time of manually adding information of Product Reviews.
For importing product reviews to your online store, you must create a CSV(Comma-Separated Values) file which contains information about mapping fields in the tabular form. You can create the CSV file by using a spreadsheet program, such as Excel, or Google Spreadsheets. Save this file with extension CSV. After entering all details about product reviews in the spreadsheet, you can import to your online store.
With this plugin, you can also export product reviews details as a CSV file. While exporting, plugin facilitates you to apply filters by using the name of the product, star ratings, comment dates, and verified owner’s review.
It also supports Cron Job (WordPress Scheduled Task) to schedule Export Products reviews into an FTP location in a specific time interval automatically.
Note: The CSV Import file must be in UTF-8 format. For more information about UTF-8 encoding, See How to save CSV / Excel File as UTF-8 Encoded?
Product Review Import/Export tab
The plugin takes CSV file as input. It maps each field of CSV file to the field of a particular Product Review that otherwise Admin need to input manually.
For example, the Comments Id field gets mapped to the Comment Id of CSV file and the Comment Author Name field gets mapped to the comment_author of your product review. If you want the plugin to work correctly, you must map headers of all of the column correctly and you must ensure that all of the fields you enter must be in the correct format.
Note: If there is any mistake in your import file, your product review import may not work as expected.
To get started, you must have a CSV file. You can create the one or you can export the product review to get the format of CSV. Or you can download Product Review Sample.
You must enter the product review details in CSV file in the structured format as given below:
- The first row must contain the column headers which are used for mapping the fields. The details about WooCommerce mapping field is given as below:
Column Heading Explanation Accepted value or format Comments ID Identification Number of the Comment Numerical Product SKU Stock Keeping Unit of Product Alphanumeric Comments Post ID Identification number of the Product Numerical Comments Author Name Name of the Comment Author Text Comments Author Email Email ID of Comment Author Text
Comments Date Date on which the comment is posted MM/DD/YYYY H:i:s
e.g 9/6/2016 6:29:00
Comments Date(GMT) Date on which the comment is posted with Greenwich Mean Time MM/DD/YYYY H:i
e.g. 9/6/2016 6:29
Comments Content Content of comment Text Comments Approved or Not? Indicates whether the comment is approved by the authorized person. 1 means the comment is approved and 0 means the comment is not approved. Numerical Comments Parent The parent comment’s ID. And it will be empty for the normal comment. Numerical User ID The comment author’s ID if he is registered (0 otherwise) Numerical Rating Indicates the star rating of the product. Numerical
Range is 1 to 5
Verified or Not? Indicates whether a commenter is a registered customer who has bought the product or not. 1 means verified user and 0 means not a verified user. Numerical
Import Product Reviews
You can import product reviews from CSV file or merge the product reviews with already existing by importing the updated CSV file.
Navigate to WooCommerce > Product Reviews Im–Ex. Under the Product Reviews tab, click the Import button. The window appears as shown below:
- Method 1: Select a file from your computer. Click Choose File to browse a required CSV file from your computer.
- Method 2: Provide FTP Details. If your CSV file is on the server, then to import it, you need to do FTP settings as given below:
- Select the checkbox to enable FTP import/export.
- Enter FTP Server Host/IP.
- Enter FTP User Name.
- Enter FTP Password.
- Enter FTP Server Path.
- Select the checkbox to use FTPS.
- Update reviews if exists: Existing products preview are identified by their IDs. If this option is not selected and if a review with the same ID is found in the CSV, that review will not be imported.
- Enter the delimiter which separates the mapping values.
- Tick the Use SKU checkbox to identify each product by its SKU information, instead of Post ID.
- Click Upload file and Import. The import window appears as shown below:
Note: While mapping fields, do not import Comments ID as it does not exist before importing product preview. But for merging product previews, you need to map Comment ID to the appropriate field.
- You can map the fields(Woocommerce fields) with column headings. You can map the fields(Woocommerce fields) with column headings( CSV file header). Map a particular field under Map to a column by using the drop-down list for that particular Column header as shown below:
Select a required option from the drop-down list. Here, product_SKU is mapped to Product SKU.
Note: Mapping is very helpful if you are importing CSV from some other e-Commerce like Magento.
It is used to fix/update the required value for the particular field. The settings to modify the field are as given below:
- Assign any required constant value to the field.
For Example, Suppose, you want to assign 1 to comment_approved. Under Evaluation field, write =1 in Comments Approved or Not? row.
- Append any field by required value.
For Example, Suppose, you want to append comment_author by By HikeForce. Under Evaluation field, write &By HikeForce in Comment Author Name row.
- Prepend any field by required value.
For Example, Suppose, you want to prepend comment_content by Comment: . Under Evaluation field, write &Comment:[VAL] in Comment Content row.
Note: Hover the mouse on ‘?’ (Help), you can see the information about Evaluation field.
- Assign any required constant value to the field.
- After mapping all the required field, you can save these mapping and evaluation fields in a file (user-defined) by using Mapping file name field.
- Click Submit.
- According to the CSV file, the product reviews get added to your online store. The import window appears as shown below:
Export Product Reviews
If you export product reviews using this plugin, you get the CSV file which contains the data about all the product reviews of the WooCommerce online store.
The window is as shown below:
- Limit: Enter the number of product reviews that you wish to export.
- Date: Select the date interval (from and to date)of which the reviews are to be exported.
- Products: Select the required product(s) for which you want to export the reviews.
- Starts: You can filter the exporting of review based on the star ratings. Select the requires star ratings from the given drop-down list.
- Verified Owner`s Reviews?: Verified Owner is the registered customer who has bought the product. You can choose to allow the exporting of product reviews according to your requirement and the options are as given below:
- All Reviews: You can export all the reviews for the product(s).
- Yes: Select this option to export the reviews only by Verified Owner.
- No: Select this option for not to export reviews by Verified Owner.
- Check to enable exporting reviews with replies: Check Enable to export reviews with replies
- Delimiter: With this field, you can change the comma separated file to ‘|’ or ‘.” separated file according to your requirement.
- Columns: Select the checkbox for required columns if you want to export specific columns. With the Column Name field, you can modify the column header in the CSV file. To do that, simply enter the required column name for the specific column.
- Click Export Product Reviews, the CSV file gets auto-downloaded to your computer. The sample Product Reviews CSV file is as shown below:Note: You can download the Sample of Exported Product Review CSV.
Export Product Reviews from Comments Page
You can directly download the specific product Reviews detail from the Comments Page. To do that, navigate to Dashboard > Comments. The Comments listing page appears as shown below:
- Click Download to CSV button to export single coupon details to CSV file under Export Column.
- To export details of multiple product reviews, select comments. From Bulk Action drop-down list, select Download as CSV and click Apply as shown below:All the details about selected product reviews get auto-downloaded to CSV file.
Check out our Product Import Export Plugin For WooCommerce